Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
On April 24, 2017, the Solvang City Council rescinded the Stage 2 Drought Declaration. Stage 1 Drought Regulations remain in effect, including:
1. Voluntary water conservation by all city customers aimed at a fifteen percent (15%) reduction in water use based on the prior five (5) years average monthly water usage beginning January 1, 2009;
2. Irrigation of turf such as school yards, parks, ball fields, golf courses, green spaces, etc., shall be allowed only between the hours of 10:00 PM and 6:00 AM;
3. All restaurants that provide table service shall post, in a conspicuous place, a notice of drought condition and shall refrain from serving water except upon specific request by a customer;
4. Operators of hotels, motels, and other commercial establishments offering lodging shall post in each room a notice of drought condition containing water conservation information; and a separate notice with a message similar to the following:
Sheets and towels are customarily changed between guests. If you feel your sheets need to be changed, please leave this card on your pillow each morning. If you feel your towels need to be change, please leave them on the floor of the bath room each morning. Housekeeping will be pleased to accommodate you.
5. Exterior watering of plants, lawns, shrubbery, ground cover, etc., shall be permitted only in a manner which does not cause runoff, and only between the hours of 10:00 PM and 6:00 AM;
6. Vehicles shall be washed only at commercial car washing facilities or by use of a bucket and/or hose equipped with hand-operated valve;
7. The washing of hard surfaces such as driveways and sidewalks shall be prohibited except where necessary to protect the public health and safety;
8. Fountains or other decorative water features shall use only recirculated water; and
9. The loss of water through breaks or leaks in any water user's plumbing must be corrected within twenty four (24) hours of the user's knowledge of that condition